Friday, November 19, 2010

The Whole (wheat) Nine Yards

"I'm telling you this like a friend because if you screw this up - I would hate to... I would really hate to have to kill you. I would hate it more than mayonnaise. You know how much I hate mayonnaise."


Gotta love a movie with Matthew Perry and Amanda Peet.  Ok, well I love it.  Oh, and the quote above is Jimmy "The Tulip" Tudeski as played by Bruce Willis.

I'm hoping to be productive with the bread making this weekend since I may be working more until after Christmas.

Bread #13 is Basic Whole-wheat Bread

This one was a new thing for me since it was made with white bread flour and whole wheat flour.  My mentor (Paul Hollywood-though he doesn't know it) made a note that the whole wheat flour may need extra water, so I was being hyper-vigilant while mixing.  I actually thought that I might have added too much water when I lifted the "dough" (I put that in quotes because it was pretty batter-like) onto my pan to knead it.  But everything turned out just fine.


It is delicious!  Especially with some European-style strawberry jam.  Loving it!
This may be my favorite bread so far.  Not too stressful to make and a great finished product.

Like I said earlier, I'm hoping to make more bread this weekend so...
Come and visit again.

"Oh, and don't forget the corpses."

No comments:

Post a Comment