Saturday, November 13, 2010

Mambo Italiano!

Hey mambo!
#10!  and 11...

Ciabatta!  Made into Tomato Bruschetta...yum!

Yes, the book has a separate recipe (that counts toward the 100 from my book or 99 that I'm actually completing) for the tomato bruschetta.  Tomorrow I'm going to make the next recipe which is an olive bruschetta (made with the same bread).

This recipe took all day to prepare.  It had to rise for 4 hours, then mix some stuff in, then rise for 2 hours, divide in half, rest for 1 hour, divide in half again, rest for an hour, then bake.  8 hours of rising and resting.
I had to divide the dough twice during the rising periods and as you can see I didn't get them exactly even.

Here's the tomato bruschetta.
Easy peasy recipe that I modified since it's just for me.  The original served 4.

For 1:
1 peeled tomato, diced
3 basil leaves chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
salt & pepper

Then I rubbed some garlic on some toasted ciabatta and presto!  Bruschetta!
Tasty and dairy-free snack!

P.S.  I can't wait to make a sandwich with this bread!  Arrivederci per ora!

No comments:

Post a Comment