Sunday, November 14, 2010

This is bananas!

So...sad to announce that the Olive Bruschetta that I was planning on making today failed.  My food processor is broken and the mixture was not enough for the blender to blend.  I'm a little bummed, but it does mean I will be making the ciabatta again and it was pretty tasty.

After my mid-day flop, I decided to make something that wasn't in the book.  I looked up a recipe for banana bread, modified it a little and came up with this little gem.

K's Peanut Butter-Banana Oatmeal Bread
Ingredients

  • 3/8 cup canola oil
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup quick cooking oats
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 cup mashed bananas
  • 1/8 cup peanut butter
  • 1/8 cup chopped walnuts
  • 1/4 cup soy milk


Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 9x5 inch loaf pan and set aside.
  2. Cream together the canola oil and sugar. Add eggs, beat until fluffy.
  3. Sift together the flour, oatmeal, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Add dry ingredients alternately with bananas and soy milk. Mix until blended.
  4. Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes; remove from oven and transfer to wire rack to cool.

I'm all shook up!  ('Cause Elvis liked peanut butter-banana sandwiches)
Not too sweet, some-what healthy, cakey, bread.  I may change it the next time I make it.

Have a great week, lovely readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment