Monday, November 8, 2010

Deck the halls with boughs of holly...

Farl lar-lar lar lar lar-lar lar lar...

Right, I know that was ridiculous.  I'm ok with it.  In honor of my starting a holiday retail gig this week, I am dedicating this post to unreasonably early Christmas music exposure.

Today's bread is Farl.  "This bread is a very English loaf, traditionally baked on the bottom of the oven, hence its other name: oven bottoms!" - 100 Gread Breads

Here's what it should look like:


Here's what mine looked like:

It looks almost exactly like the Crusty Cob...I have yet to master a shallow cut in the dough.  I'm not 100% sure how to fix that except to have a sharper knife.  We shall see.

P.S. It tastes pretty good.  Though, it is a little too buttery for my taste.  In case you were wondering.

No comments:

Post a Comment