Tuesday, August 16, 2011

"Where's Olive?"

Personally, I think Olive is Little Miss Sunshine!



#58 Cypriot Olive and Cilantro Bread

Another bread with olives in it...I do love olives.  I did make a substitution, though.   I don't like to, but the recipe called for black Greek olives and those are really expensive.  I had Kalamata olives already, so I used those.  I also had to chop onions and cilantro which made my hands smell really strongly for most of the day.

I still have trouble getting the solid ingredients to mix into the dough so one loaf ended up with all the olives and onions on the bottom and the other had them exploding from the top.

"Everybody just pretend to be normal."



I had a little personal issue while the dough was rising and I ended up letting the dough rise for an extra hour (not on purpose).  That's when the dough on the left burst open.

They bread tastes really great and I think I'll try it again, especially because it's dairy-free and still amazingly soft.

"There's two kinds of people in this world, there's winners and there's losers. Okay, you know what the difference is? Winners don't give up. "

All quotes from Little Miss Sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment