Saturday, August 20, 2011

Mr. Sunshine, yay...



Sunshine, summer, sunflowers...

#59 Sunflower Seed Bread

This bread was pretty easy to make.  Whole-wheat flour, white bread flour, yeast, salt, water and sunflower seeds.

I did add a little bit too much water to the dough so I had to add a little flour during kneading.  The bread rose ridiculously high and it was a little easier to mix in the seeds.

Alice: So what are you going to do for your fortieth birthday?
Ben Donovan: Pretty exciting little plan actually. I'm ordering in some Chinese food and watching Bridge Over The River Kwai. Kwai? Because it is a 3 hour epic adventure.
Alice: That's kind of depressing.
Ben Donovan: Along the way maybe. But ultimately it's a story about the triumph of the human spirit.
Alice: I'm talking about your birthday plan.
Ben Donovan: So am I.

Before I put the bread in the oven, it kind of looked like a sunshine (weirdly enough).  After, it didn't.  It was kind of...well you decide:


This bread was waaaay better than I thought it would be.  Partially because I've never eaten sunflower seeds before and partially because...ok...I pretty much judged how I might feel completely on my non-history with sunflower seeds.  I tried it with honey and it was even better.

Vivien: Hey, Ben, I just wanted to let you know that if I were a zombie, you could shoot me in the head.
Ben Donovan: Oh, ok. And if you weren't a zombie?
Vivien: Then please don't.


P.S.  I love Allison Janney and James Taylor.  And, of course, Matthew Perry.

All quotes are from "Mr. Sunshine".

No comments:

Post a Comment