Friday, February 18, 2011

That's *Mr.* Potato Focaccia Pugliese to you...

Hey, Hamm. Look, I'm Picasso. 



#26 Potato Focaccia Pugliese

We're Toy Story themed today!

My house smells magical...ok, it smells like rosemary which is pretty darn close to magic in my book.

I may have overcooked it, though.  Weird, since I took the bread out approximately 4 minutes early.

Here's the beautiful, professional bread from Paul Hollywood's 100 Great Breads:

(Please excuse the post-it)

Here's what mine looks like:


So...not quite.

It tastes pretty good.  Kind of like potato chips and bread together.

I actually used some small russet potatoes because that's what I had even though the recipe called for new potatoes.  That may have made a difference.  Another thing was that the recipe didn't say to press the potatoes into the dough but I think that would have helped meld the two together.

I'm still working on getting breads to be flat when they're supposed to be flat.

It's song of the day time.


To infinity and beyond...

No comments:

Post a Comment