Saturday, February 19, 2011

The Catcher in the Apricot Rye

#27 Apricot Rye

Good Morning, Breadies!
Or should I say...
Guten Morgen, Breadies!

Today's bread is a German rye bread and according to Mr. Hollywood the apricot is just for fun.

Hello, gorgeous!


And it tastes pretty good!  Even the apricot tasted good, which was a surprise to me (as you might have expected).

"If a girl looks swell when she meets you, who gives a damn if she's late?  Nobody. "


This bread baked quickly just like the last one.  I had to take it out almost 5 minutes early.  Not sure what that's about.  I've been using my oven thermometer, but still I'm having to watch the bread closely.


Speaking of watching...Here's a great short film I found today.





"It's really too bad that so much crumby stuff is a lot of fun sometimes."


Have a great day!  Guten Tag!


P.S.  All quotes are from J.D. Salinger's The Catcher in the Rye.

No comments:

Post a Comment