Sunday, February 20, 2011

Pain de Campagne? It's been in my pocket; it's real warm and soft.



#28 Pain de Campagne (translation: country bread)

Pardon my French...

Today's post is inspired by Ferris Bueller's Day Off.  Not because it relates to the bread at all, but because it was on TV today while I was baking and is one of my all-time favorite movies.  I actually tried all day to figure out how to tie the two together.

This bread was pretty fun for me.  It had fresh oregano in it.  I had never cooked with fresh oregano before and it smelled wonderful.  Also it was my second bread with rye flour in it and, man, do I love that stuff.

Here's the bread:


It's not perfect, but..."Oh, he's very popular, Ed.  The sportos, the mortorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wastoids, dweebies, dickheads-they all adore him.  They think he's a righteous dude."

This bread only took about 4 hours from start to finish, and ended up tasting fantastic.  Oh Yeah!

This video is for you, my friends.



"Life moves pretty fast.  If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

No comments:

Post a Comment