Sunday, May 8, 2011

Groundalmond Day...starring Bill Murray!



#37 Almond Bread, Almond Bread, Almond Bread...

This bread tastes so good!  It's slightly sweet and super-soft.  I'm pretty sure I will make this over and over and over and over again.  (See what I did there?)

This recipe called for both slivered almonds and ground almonds.  I bought a bag of slivered almonds and put a little over 1/2 cup (the recipe called for 1/2 ground) in the food processor to grind them up.  The recipe called for 4 oz of slivered almonds.  Since a whole bag was 6 oz, I had about half a bag left and I usually don't have much luck getting things to mix into the dough, I thought it would probably be enough.  (Side note:  I really need to get a food scale.  There are a lot of recipes I have left to do that have measurements in weight.)

When it comes to things I don't have that would be useful in this endeavor, counter space is also on the list.  This picture is my kneading "counter" pre-knead today.  Yes, that is a pizza pan on my stovetop.



Somehow I managed to get pretty perfect consistency in the dough and after the first rise I was able to get the slivered almonds to mix in pretty successfully.  That pretty much made my day.  That, and some encouragement from a friend today.


"I got you babe."  Even if you aren't the most beautiful bread in the world.  It doesn't look very much like the picture in my book, but looks aren't everything.  The professional bread was much flatter and, well, prettier.

Hopefully, I'll get a few more breads done this week and get back on schedule.

"Well, what if there is no tomorrow? There wasn't one today."

No comments:

Post a Comment