Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Breadsticks! Where all the Gleeks hang out.



"I was going to order us one really, really long piece of spaghetti like in 'Lady and Tramp.' And I've been practicing nudging meatballs across the table with my nose. " - Brittany S. Pierce

#41 Grissini Sticks

Skinny, crunchy bread sticks!

"I find recipes...confusing." - Brittany S. Pierce

This recipe was so easy! Oh, except for the weird ingredient referred to as "2 cakes yeast". I had to google that. Turns out it's just a little fresh yeast patty. I just had to figure out how much of my dry active yeast I needed.

Also I almost made baked paste when I started to knead the dough without adding the olive oil to the water, salt, yeast, and flour mix. That was a close call.

After I fixed that, and kneaded the dough, the recipe only called for 30 minutes of rising time.

"I'm gonna say this as nice as I can, but you look like a sad clown hooker." - Finn Hudson




Well, they don't look great, but there they are. Also, I forgot to take a picture as soon as they were ready so 6 of them had already been eaten. Whoops!

Here's one of my favorite Glee numbers!




"I'm like Tinkerbell, Finn, I need applause to live!" - Rachel Berry

Goodnight! Bella Notte!

No comments:

Post a Comment