Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Whole Lot of Biscotti Bakin' Goin' On



Whole Wheat Biscotti with Nuts and Dried Fruits

I've found a couple of biscotti recipes lately, but this is my first attempting at baking them.

I found this one and thought I'd give it a go.

I did modify it a little...of course.  I used 1/2 cup applesauce instead of eggs and added 1/4 tsp cinnamon just to spice it up.  Get it?  Spice?  Huh?  Huh?  OK...moving on.

For the nuts I mixed pecans, walnuts, and almonds.  Fruit-wise I went with dried cherries, craisins, organic raisins and golden raisins.  (I had them all in the cabinet.)

Here's what they look like:


Success!  And delicious!  I bet this recipe would taste awesome with some gluten free flours, too!

Goodness gracious!  Great Biscotti!

No comments:

Post a Comment