Wednesday, January 11, 2012

I Want Cupcakes!


Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes!  

I've been so excited to make this recipe and the day has finally come!


Chocolate batter...



Out of the oven (these were my 1st cupcakes ever)...



Hi there, cutie cakes!


Yum!

The only thing I have to add to the recipe is that I used the almond extract choice and will probably not do that again.  Almond extract always tastes kind of like chocolate covered cherries to me.  Not bad cupcakes (really good, actually) it's just that the almond extract is distracting.

I did make my own icing for these.

Here's my recipe for Coffee Icing!

1/2 pkt Starbucks Via
1 tbsp plain soy milk
7/8 cup powdered sugar

It was extremely sweet and I'll probably try something a little different next time, but not bad for my first try at that, too!

Let them eat cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment