Thursday, October 13, 2011

Date (and fig) Night

"We were in here earlier having dinner with our friend Sam.I.Am."

I was here earlier, talking about another bread.  The bread of the now is...

#71 Date and Fig Bread

"If we are going to pay this much for crab it better sing and dance and introduce us to the Little Mermaid!"

Today at the grocery store I was shocked to find ingredients I have been looking for the past few months. Dates and figs!  Just sitting beside the cute little pumpkins!  I couldn't believe it, so I bought them immediately just in case they disappeared before I could get back to the store.



After such a great score I had to make this bread.  I did have to chop a whole bunch of figs and dates for the recipe and found that they are extremely sticky.

"You put *your* junk in reverse!"

I didn't do as well mixing in the fruit as with my last bread, but it wasn't a failure like I've had previously. Here are my cute little loaves:



The one on the right isn't very cute, actually. The bread tasted ok. Much more sweet than I expected.

"He turned the gun sideways! That's a kill shot!"

All quotes and video from Date Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment