Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Honey, I Changed the Recipe



#69 Honey and Saffron Loaf

"I'm on a special diet. No toxic waste."


This recipe came with the option to change one of the key ingredients.  Saffron is ridiculously expensive, so I omitted that and substituted mango chutney as Paul Hollywood suggested.

I did have a little trouble because the dough was really wet and it seemed that no matter how much flour I added it stayed pretty sticky.  I finally got something that would hold it's shape a little and moved on with the rising.

Here's the finished product (which I almost burned even though I had a few minutes before it was supposed to be finished):

"Help! Don't eat me!"


This bread was surprisingly delicious.  I don't know what else to say about it.







Stay safe, kids.


All quotes and videos from Honey, I Shrunk the Kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment