Thursday, October 13, 2011

When Harry Met Sally Lunns...

There is no "Harry", guys.  Just me.

But for the rest of the day "we are going to talk like this"...



"I'll have what she's having."


#70 Sally Lunns


"Well, I just want it the way I want it."

This bread was pretty easy to make. The most difficult part was finding ingredients, which has been the delay on most of 29 breads I have yet to make. This recipe called for candied cherries. I learned that candied cherries are the weird/gross, green/red, sticky things inside a fruitcake. I couldn't find any so I subbed in maraschino cherries.

"It is so nice when you can sit with someone and not have to talk."

Cinnamon, orange zest, cherries and raisins had to be mixed in and some how I managed to do this pretty successfully. I surprised myself. I then had to flatten and roll the dough, which (if I do say so myself) was a triumph. I didn't lose any mix-ins until the baking inflated the raisins and they fell off the outside of the loaf.

Here's Sally:



This bread tastes amazing! The shiny stuff is a sugar glaze. It's like candy on top of candy, for people who don't really like candy.

I wish you could taste this! If you have any suggestions for breads I should try to make leave a note in the comments section.

"The fact that you're not answering leads me to believe you're either (a) not at home, (b) home but don't want to talk to me, or (c) home, desperately want to talk to me, but trapped under something heavy. If it's either (a) or (c), please call me back."

All quotes and videos from When Harry Met Sally....

No comments:

Post a Comment