Sunday, March 27, 2011

Do you know the muffin (wo)man?

The muffin man, the muffin man,
Do you know the muffin man,
Who lives on Drury Lane?



#32 Blueberry Muffins

That rhyme/song was one of my favorites as a young kid.  So I loved this when it came out.



These muffins were just as easy to make as yesterday's.  Basically, it's the same recipe as the Wimbledon Muffins with 1 less egg and and (of course) blueberries instead of strawberries.

I actually did tweak the recipe, which isn't really by the (made up by me and completely arbitrary) rules of my experiment.  I decided after seeing how greasy the previous muffins were to use a little less butter and since the recipe called for 2 1/4 sticks of butter I just left off the 1/4.  Also, after I had started mixing things I realized I was short one egg so I replaced it with a spoonful of unsweetened applesauce, a trick I learned from my forays into vegan baking.

Here are my lovelies:


Those bottom ones are sprinkled with powdered sugar.

These tasted quite a bit better than the Wimbledons, probably because of the smaller amount of butter.  It could also be because I like blueberries a little better than strawberries.

...and they all lived Happily Ever After...

P.S. That guy up there is a muffin man.

No comments:

Post a Comment