Friday, March 25, 2011

Tennis, Anyone?

The Big 3-0!

#30 Wimbledon Muffins

"With what sport is Wimbledon most commonly associated?"

If you don't know the answer to this question please watch the following informational video.



I could have found a clip from the 2004 film Wimbledon, which starred Kirsten Dunst and Paul Bettany, but I didn't really like it very much the first time I watched it.

These muffins have strawberries in them which is not a thing I'm particularly used to, but I do like strawberries and their season has started.

Here are my lovelies:

There is powdered sugar on those four as the recipe calls for.  The recipe was for 16 muffins but since I only had one pan that held 12 I made a little loaf with the rest of the batter.

There was so much butter in these muffins that I will probably feel a little ill later.  These muffins don't really taste like any I've had before but they are still delicious.  They may taste different because the British style is different than the American style.  I cannot remember having muffins in England and I have never made muffins from scratch before so I'm guessing it's the large quantity of butter that made the difference.

One more video for today:



Good Night and have a pleasant tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment