Saturday, March 26, 2011

Easy, eh(A)?

#31 Beer Bread

Easy-peasy recipe on a beautiful rainy day, folks.  Whole-wheat flour, white bread flour, salt yeast butter and beer.  Mix and wait. Make a ball, slice to make pretty and wait. Bake and cool.

Easy, A? (Get it? 'Cause it's easy and Canadians like beer a lot and they also say 'eh'. Ok, it was a stretch, but I just saw this movie and I loved it.)

The recipe called for 1 1/4 cups good beer.  Since I am not a big beer drinker I just kind of went to the grocery store and stared at the beers for a while.  I decided that I wanted something kind of seasonal.  I went with Blue Moon Spring Blonde Wheat Ale since it said it had orange and lemon flavors and I really like citrus.  Plus it was on sale.  Turns out it tastes pretty good too.  I finished off the bottle while the bread was working.



"Let the record show that I, Olive Penderghast, being of sound mind and below average breast-size, swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth... starting now. "




 This bread is fantastic!  So good I may eat the entire loaf all by myself.  While I enjoy the bread you can enjoy this video clip from Easy A.



"Notoriety for whatever reason, never seems to benefit the noted, only the 'notees'. "


All quotes are from Easy A.


Take it easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment