Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Mmm...Doughnuts...

For you Simpsons fans...
Bart: [after they watch a foreign film] I was so bored I cut the pony tail off the guy in front of us. 
[holds pony tail to his head] 
Bart: Look at me, I'm a grad student. I'm 30 years old and I made $600 last year. 
Marge: Bart, don't make fun of grad students. They've just made a terrible life choice. 


Ok...so I don't believe that (I wish I was in grad school)...but that $600 per year sounds pretty familiar.


Anyway, Doughnuts!


I'm having trouble uploading pictures right now so I will (hopefully) post the pics of the doughnuts tomorrow.


I had a small issue of the dough not rising properly, probably to do with that oh-so-vague 1 packet of yeast instruction.


They were ok tasting...I won't eat them again for a couple of reasons.  #1 being that I'm not supposed to eat fried food.


Unfortunately, that's all for tonight folks.  See ya round, like a doughnut!

1 comment:

  1. howdy friend...
    i know that feeling of 600 dollars a year seeing as i am a grad student. Dont worry, your not missing anything, id rather be doing a baking blog and working at a book store than managing a residential building... you probably make more money than i do anyways.

    also, i have a few doughnut recipes that are baked doughnuts... not fried, if you'd ever care to try them out.

    Hope the New Year is looking promising for you.
    - Zack

    ReplyDelete