Friday, December 10, 2010

Got Milk (loaf)?

#17 Milk Loaf

So I tried to make this bread earlier this week and got distracted and burnt the 2 loaves to a beautiful black color.

Today, I tried again.  And again...not so great.

It looked great when it came out of the oven and the first slice looked and tasted wonderful...the second slice revealed that the entire inside was goo.  Yeah,  goo.  Gross and inedible.  See the recipe called for making 2 loaves and since I only have one loaf pan and last time the one loaf I put in the pan didn't even fill up the pan halfway I thought I could just put all of the dough in one pan.  I did not consider that it would be too dense for the recommended cooking time to be effective.  Yeah, I'm a little slow today.  I have no pictures because I mutilated the bread to re-bake it before I remembered that I needed to take them.  I have sliced the bread in half horizontally and am now baking it at 300° to hopefully salvage this bread and enjoy the tastiness once again.

I probably won't make this bread again for myself.  Mostly because it is made with milk and butter and sugar, and even though I don't have any issues with sugar I'm trying not to eat so much of it.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment