Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Christmas in Killarney: An Irish Christmas

#18  Irish Soda Bread

Ok it's not actually a Christmas item, but it's only 10 days away and "Christmas in Killarney" was one of my favorite Christmas songs when I was younger.  I'd listen to a Bing Crosby Christmas record (yes, record) that my grandmother had on repeat.  This is the album.

Isn't he adorable?

Here is a version by the Irish Rovers...I liked it because it sounds really Irish.




Now, back to the bread.

Super-easy, quick to make bread.  Pretty darn tasty, too!  It didn't look like the picture of the other soda bread in the book, but I can probably fix that when I make the next one.

Here's the final product.
Since my "mentor" stated in my dear, dear cookbook that this bread was "gorgeous served fresh from the oven with lots of butter" I tasted it with some faux butter and it was lovely.



May those who love us, love us; and those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping.” - Irish Blessing

No comments:

Post a Comment