Saturday, January 1, 2011

Should Whole-wheat Soda Bread be forgot, and never brought to mind?

Happy New Year!

#21 Whole-wheat Soda Bread

Picture upload is still not working...

I will post today's bread and the doughnut visuals as soon as possible.

I struggled with this bread.  Well not so much struggled as followed the recipe and ended up baking the loaf 10 minutes longer than called for trying to cook the center and still not succeeding.  The very out side was cooked, so I tasted it and it (if I can be honest) did not stand out enough for me to attempt this again.

And now for something completely different...

I love the song Auld Lang Syne, always have.  I tried to think of my favorite occurrence of the song in a movie and I was completely torn between two.  So these two are tied.  One is the most beautiful version of the song I have ever heard (in the original Scots) and the other is commented on by Billy Crystal.

I could not get the actual scenes from the movie so here is the song as featured in Sex and the City:




From When Harry Met Sally:



For auld lang syne, my dear, for auld lang syne, we'll take a cup of kindness yet, for auld lang syne...

No comments:

Post a Comment