Friday, July 1, 2011

The Bread Diaries

Joe: This is between a waltz and a tango.
Mia: It's a wango?

No...It's my halfway celebration!

#50 Focaccia Pugliese with Mozzarella

This bread will (hopefully) be the point of the story where I go from the frumpy, sad, wanna-be baker to the beautiful, talented, actual baker.  (Not to be confused with a professional baker or a master baker.)  As we all know, the makeover scene or montage is a crucial point in any girl movie.




"I don't want to rule my own country, I just want to pass the tenth grade."


If I was grading myself on this bread, I say it was an A+. Truly spectacular. I mean so delicious that everyone that tried it made the most terrific yummy noises. It was music to my ears...and I just realized what a bizarre saying that is. Anything is music to my ears. Music can be anything. Music can be
"nothing". (See 4'33".) But I digress.

I had to crumble mozzarella for this bread and while time-consuming it was not painful or difficult like grating 5oz of parmesan or zesting 6 oranges.  I used less cheese than was called for but more cheese that I should eat, so we'll call that a wash.  Plus, it was just a topping.

"Remember, virtual homework may not be submitted for actual credit. "


My actual bread(s).  So pretty, so tasty.  I cut them up into breadsticks and I may enjoy some tomorrow with marinara sauce.  I will most definitely make this again.  Even the bread part was delicious.  Better than all my previous focaccias.

"Goodbye, trolley people!"

All quotes from The Princess Diaries.

No comments:

Post a Comment