Thursday, July 14, 2011

Brighter Than The Sun

"this is how it starts, lighting strikes the heart
It goes off like a gun, brighter than the sun"


#51 Curried Naan

Another Indian bread.  Another fried bread.  Another not-so-successful bread.

I don't like frying things.  I don't like fried things, really.

I also don't like my hands to smell like curry for 8 hours.

Things I do like?  Curry powder.  Beans.  Colbie Caillat.

So here they are.  All on my blog.



That Colbie Caillat song is my new favorite.  The CD came out Tuesday and in a pretty un-Kristen way I ran out and got it on my way to work Tuesday.

The curry powder was in the bread dough and unfortunately was tied to the 8 hour curry-hands.

Bright, sunshine-y, curried dough blobbies.


Fried (sort-of) Curried Naan.  Still pretty bright yellow.

The beans appeared in the eating of the bread.

Along with the bread, this was my dinner on the way out the door last night.


The bread was not really cooked on the inside but started to burn on the outside.  The bread had golden raisins and mango chutney in it.  And though I'm pretty sure I've said it before, I will say I really don't like golden raisins.  Mango chutney on the other hand is delicious!

At the end of this experiment (maybe sooner) I think I'll try this again without the raisins and chutney.  Maybe I'll have the chutney on the side or something.

"we go together like peanuts and Paydays, Marley and reggae"

No comments:

Post a Comment