Thursday, June 2, 2011

Girls Just Want to Have Bread

"Oh, I like this. Sort of Rebel Without a Cause meets Sound of Music... you're taking a fashion risk. I like that. Just don't do it on camera!"

#46 Olive and Sun-dried Tomato Bread

Dairy-Free bread!  This one was supposed to have black Greek olives, but those were ridiculously expensive and I already had Kalamata olives.  The recipe also, obviously, called for sun-dried tomatoes, but it said sun-blushed tomatoes could be substituted.

So I made sun-blushed tomatoes.

In the mixing of the olives and tomatoes I, of course, struggled but since there were two loaves I attempted the mixing the way it was supposed to go with one and the other I basically made a little pouch.

"Velcro. Next to the Walkman and Tab it is the coolest invention of the 20th century!"

I wish the ingredients stuck together better, but these are the pre-last-rise loaves.


"Eat flame, Bozo!"


So yummy!  The "mixed-in" one lost a lot of its "mix-ins" so there wasn't much flavor added.  The bread part was good, though.

I leave you with some sweet 80s dance moves!


All quotes from Girls Just Want to Have Fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment