This has been a crazy weekend. I made these mini-pies yesterday afternoon while waiting on a focaccia to do it's thing. Immediately after finishing the pies, a storm hit and the power went out. So there is no focaccia, today. The power has now been on for about 2 hours.
I created this recipe myself. I had a pear that was getting really soft so I decided to cook it instead of eating mushy pear fresh.
Here's the recipe for my super-sweet, Pear Mini-pies.
Need 1 muffin tin
3/4 cup white bread flour
1/2 cup superfine sugar
1/2 large egg (or 1 med. egg)
1 tbsp unsalted butter
1 pear, diced (may use two, and fill pies more)
1 tsp sugar
juice of 1/2 lemon
1/3 tbsp unsalted butter
1/8 cup brown sugar (not packed down)
1/8 cup slivered almonds
1. Begin cooking filling ingredients over medium-low heat.
2. Preheat oven to 400°
3. While cooking pear mixture, mix flour, superfine sugar, egg and butter into a dough.
4. Divide dough into 4 pieces. Make each piece into a ball and carefully flatten and shape into a thin disk. Place each piece of dough in 1 muffin cup.
5. Mix together brown sugar and butter with fingertips to create a crumble.
6. Fill Cups with cooked pear, top with almonds and brown sugar crumble.
7. Bake for 8-10 minutes until golden brown.
8. Let cook in pan, serve warm.
Makes 4 mini-pies.
Have a good week bread-heads! Hopefully, I'll have bread to post about this week.