Thursday, April 28, 2011

Fried (not so fried) Green (not so green) Tomatoes (yes, tomatoes)

#35 Focaccia Pugliese with Tomatoes and Garlic

My sous chef Mario Batali.  He lets me know the food smells good.

So this is the bread I was trying make when the tornadoes came through our area last time, today there were only warnings so I took a gamble that we wouldn't lose power and tried again.

"The secret's in the sauce."

This bread includes olive oil that has been infused with garlic.  It is supposed to infuse overnight, but "no longer than that" and since I don't know how long overnight is I just did about 5 hours to be safe (since I was gambling in other areas).

Cooking lesson:



Here's my finished bread!


It was delicious!  The tomatoes didn't really have much of an impact, but the bread was great!

Since Fried Green Tomatoes is such a great movie I'm including another video.



"Towanda!  Righter of Wrongs, Queen Beyond Compare!"

Arrivederci, ya'll.

No comments:

Post a Comment