Thursday, October 14, 2010

1st Bread

My first bread was "White Bread".  A simple loaf of white bread.  Also it was done on October 12, 2010 (not today...I'm playing catch up).

There was a little learning curve.  I had to call my mom.  She's the person who taught me how to cook, and who I watched bake my whole life.  She also teaches Family and Consumer Sciences (formerly Home Economics) so she's like a professional.  I had to clarify what some of the stuff in the recipe meant (i.e. scant 4 cups) and how one mixes everything together without getting the yeast and the salt together, as that both is the point and defeats the purpose.  In case anyone is reading (at all) salt kills yeast but you have to mix all the ingredients together and the ingredients include both salt and yeast.

So it wasn't easy but here's the finished product:  

Ta-Da!

The picture isn't really good because I took it with my phone.  Future pictures will be better (hopefully).

No comments:

Post a Comment