Wednesday, March 14, 2012

They All Turn Into Blueberries (Pie)

HAPPY PI(E) DAY!


Vegan Blueberry Crumb Pie

I got the recipe for the crust here and the recipe for the filling and crumb here.  Thanks, The Gluttonous Vegan.


Pretty pie pan


Crust...I have some left over 


Blueberry filling...mmm


Not so crumbly crumb topping


What was left of the topping once I pulled off all the burnt topping...


Yummy pie!

So everything was going fine until I'd had the pie in for 25 minutes.  I took the tin foil off to let the top brown and after 10 minutes it was as white as when I first put it in the oven (the browning was supposed to take 5-10 minutes).  I moved the pie to the top rack and waited 5 minutes.  A dime sized spot browned.  So I turned on the broiler and then got distracted.  When I opened the oven 5 minutes later smoke poured out!  The pie was completely black on top!  I decided to try to scrape off the  burned parts and found it to be easier than I expected for the crumb.  The blackened crusts were a little more difficult, I had to cut off the edges.

The pie tastes amazing!  Not too sweet and very berry!


I've got a blueberry for a pie!  Have a great pi(e) day, guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment