Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Cookie Cookie Bang Bang


Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies!

Today's recipe re-do is amazingly delicious! And nearly vegan. I got the original recipe from my favorite food blog.

Confections of a (Closet) Master Baker is a great blog even if you just like looking at pictures of food.

Here's a link to the recipe.

I cut the recipe in half and substituted Earth Balance for the butter and because the Earth Balance has salt in it (and the recipe calls for unsalted butter) I used about half of the half measure of salt...if that makes any sense. I also made all of the chocolate chip cookies so I kept that measure the same as the original.  I used Ghirardelli dark chocolate chips (because they're my favorite). To make these vegan you can use my substitutions and vegan chocolate chips.

The recipe calls for banging the pan of cookies every 5 minutes during the 15 minute baking time (hence the "bang bang").  That part was fun!


My beauties!


I ended up with about 15 giant cookies and ate one immediately and another as soon as I'd eaten some real food (so about 20 minutes later).  So good!

I hope you have a Truly Scrumptious evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment