Tuesday, March 27, 2012

I Like To EAT, EAT, EAT Apple and Banana Bread


Mmm...Keith Urban...

I mean...

Apple and Banana Bread!



I almost forgot to take a picture of the bread! I dove into it as soon as it was cool enough to touch.

Anyway, this recipe is all me. I had some bananas that were very soft and this was my way of using and not losing.

1 cup white whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup raw sugar
2 bananas mashed (the more ripe the better)
1/4 cup applesauce (I used plain but a flavored one would work as well.)
1/4 cup canola oil


Preheat oven to 350ºF. Mix together flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. In a separate bowl, mix together sugar, bananas, applesauce and oil. Combine wet and dry ingredients until just blended. Pour into loaf pan. Mix a little extra cinnamon and raw sugar together and sprinkle on top. Bake for 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow bread to cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then place on a wire rack.


I was pretty excited at how this bread turned out.  It tasted really good and I did the whole recipe without using a template.

Enjoy your vowel sounds today!  I mean, eat your fruit encased in carbs!

No comments:

Post a Comment