Saturday, December 3, 2011

Rockin' Around

I made two recipes today!


My friend Zack (Hi Zack!) sent me some really awesome-looking recipes last Christmas when I was still in the learning phase of this baking thing and since I was working so hard on my (destined for failed) project I saved the recipes and flipped through them regularly trying to figure out when I could actually play around with them.

I'm pretty much in love with A Very She & Him Christmas!  Enjoy this song while you browse.




I did modify the original recipes a little but the results were fantastic (and slightly healthier than the originals)!

Coffee-Banana Muffins & Cinnamon-Nut Bread!


Coffee-Banana Muffins (K.Britt version)


2 cups unbleached white whole wheat flour
1 pkt Starbucks Via coffee (caffeinated or decaf; I used caffeinated and highly recommend unflavored though you could use 1 to 2 tsp ground coffee)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup mashed ripe banana (I used 2 bananas)
1/3 cup EarthBalance, melted
3 tbsp plain, light soymilk
1 tsp vanilla extract
turbinado sugar (to sprinkle on tops of muffins)


1.  Preheat oven to 350° F.  Line muffin tin with muffin cups.
2.  In a large bowl, stir together flour, coffee, baking soda and salt.  In a separate bowl mix egg, granulated sugar, mashed banana, melted EarthBalance, milk and vanilla.  Add liquids to dry ingredients and mix until just moistened (batter should be lumpy).  Divide batter evenly into muffin cups and sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
3.  Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
4.  Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes.  Remove from pan and let cool.  Serve warm or room temperature.
Makes 1 dozen muffins

These might be the best muffins I've ever made.  The bread wasn't as good because I made a couple of errors in measurements.  Since I did that, I'm not going to post my recipe for it.

If anyone is interested in the recipe for the Cinnamon-Nut Bread contact me and I'll send it to you.  I'll send you the original or my recipe or both.

Hoping that you'll have a great month and maybe "we'll have some pumpkin pie and we'll do some caroling"!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely recepie. Thanks. =)


    Followed, hope you don't mind. And maybe some day you'll visit me.

    thebookness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete