Thursday, November 3, 2011

Double double Muffins/Bread

I'm trying to catch the blog up to my baking over the past week or so.

I was so excited to get the Chocolate-chip Pumpkin Muffins to a friend on Halloween (who I created the recipe for) that I didn't remember to take pictures.

This is what I was listening to while I was baking, though:



I made a dozen muffins and put cute little orange and black sprinkles on 6. (I was scared that cooking the sprinkles wouldn't work, so I hedged my bets.)  I also made a tiny loaf with the chocolate chips for my dad and a regular sized loaf without chips for me!

Here's my half-eaten loaf and tiny loaf:


I used this recipe and the first time followed it exactly because I can eat everything in the recipe.  It turned out so sweet.  I'm not huge into sweets, so it was a little too much.

When I decided to remake it with the chocolate chips I decided that I'd balance out the added sugar in the chocolate by removing 1/2 cup of sugar.  I used 1/3 of a cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips for the dozen muffins.  I sprinkled a few chips in the bottom of the muffin papers the poured in the batter and topped them with more.  Then 6 got the superstar treatment (AKA sprinkles).  It took about 30 minutes for the muffins (check with a toothpick and keep an eye on them).  The little loaf took another 5 or 10 minutes.

I received some pretty great reviews for the muffins.  I did not make this up.  Seriously, they're real quotes, guys!


"@kristenbritt_ makes the BEST muffins in the world!!!! :)"


"My parents loved the muffins- Dad said they were the best he's ever eaten!"

Happy November!

No comments:

Post a Comment