Thursday, May 3, 2012

Carrot Crazy

Who likes carrots?

This guy.


That's a little crazy, right? I like carrots ok, but I like zucchini better. Which is why I put carrots in bread and buy extra zucchini so I could make 2 meals with them in addition to the bread.

I had carrots that had been in the fridge for quite a while and after I found some beautiful zucchini last week so I finally got to try this recipe!

Carrot Zucchini Muffins

I got the recipe for this one over at fitsugar.com.  Here's the original.

The only substitution I made was 1/4 cup of plain organic applesauce for the egg.

Also, I really like making quick recipes into muffins, because I don't have to do anything different other than reduce the oven time and I have great individual serving sizes (which I ignore by eating 3 or 4 at a time).  My muffins took about 25 minutes and my mini-loaf took about 35-40. (I wanted it all baked at the same time and I only have one muffin tin!)


Next time I think I'll reduce the amount of sugars and increase the amount of veggies.  Otherwise these were great!  My mom was visiting, so she got to try them and loved them!

Eat your veggies, guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment